Since 2014, HFA has offered the Young Adults program, including education and social support to young adults living with bleeding disorders. HFA is excited to announce a new program for people 18 to 30 years old with bleeding disorders and other chronic disorders—the Young Adult Advocacy Summit.
This national event will take place Saturday, October 20 – Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at HFA’s Headquarters in Washington, DC. HFA will bring together young adults ages 18-30 years old with bleeding disorders for the four-day advocacy summit. Participants will develop advocacy and leadership skills through interactive training with experts in policy, advocacy, and communications.
Activities will include:
- Comprehensive personal and legislative advocacy training
- Presentations on federal and state policy issues and how they affect the bleeding disorders community
- Congressional office meetings to practice skills
- Communications workshop about how to craft and share your story
- Health insurance overview for young adults
- Learning from other young adults with bleeding disorders about the challenges they face every day
- Building early networks across the bleeding disorders community to foster activities at the local level
- And much more!
Want to attend? Apply here!
Registrants are required to complete an application form for HFA to understand the interest in the Summit, as well as to collect important logistical and health information.
For more information, contact Sarah Shinkman, Advocacy and Outreach Manager: email@example.com, or (202) 675-6984.