HFA is excited to announce our second annual Young Adult Advocacy Summit! This national event will take place Saturday, Oct. 20 – Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018, at HFA’s Headquarters in Washington, DC. HFA will bring together young adults ages 18-30 years old with bleeding disorders for the four-day advocacy summit. Participants will develop advocacy and leadership skills through interactive training with experts in policy, advocacy, and communications.
Activities will include:
- Comprehensive personal and legislative advocacy training
- Presentations on federal and state policy issues and how they affect the bleeding disorders community
- Congressional office meetings to practice skills
- Communications workshop about how to craft and share your story
- Health insurance overview for young adults
- Learning from other young adults with bleeding disorders about the challenges they face every day
- Building early networks across the bleeding disorders community to foster activities at the local level
- And much more!
Applications for the 2018 Young Adult Advocacy Summit are no longer being accepted, as the event it full.
To learn about future Summits and other young adult activities, please contact Sarah Shinkman at email@example.com!
Registrants are required to complete an application form for HFA to understand the interest in the Summit, as well as to collect important logistical and health information.
For more information, contact Sarah Shinkman, Advocacy and Outreach Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, or (202) 675-6984.