The Bayer Hemophilia Leadership Development Program was developed with input from several members of the hemophilia community who saw a need for a program to develop future leaders in the bleeding disorders community. With their support, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals created an eight-week, paid summer internship at Bayer HealthCare’s U.S. Headquarters in Wayne, New Jersey.
During the internship, future leaders participate in a variety of hands-on modules designed to sharpen leadership skills in real-world scenarios to enrich the hemophilia community. Internship modules include:
• a visit to the Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals manufacturing facility in Berkeley, California
• a meeting with healthcare public policy professionals to see how effective advocacy relations impact legislative decisions
• an exploration of marketing and communications strategies
• leadership training classes to develop presentation skills, learn about effective project management, and discover successful time management techniques
• a personal challenge project which allows interns to apply their new skills to design and create a project
Applications are due by Monday, February 1, 2010. Applicants should be college students (sophomore through senior year), with a strong tie to hemophilia, who demonstrate a commitment and interest in being a future leader in the hemophilia community.
More information can be found at www.livingbeyondhemophilia.com along with an application for download and a video from a former BHLDP participant.