Patient Services, Inc. and Baxter Introduce the Hemophilia Co-Pay/Co-Insurance Assistance Pilot Program
Midlothian, VA — Many members of the hemophilia community are struggling with the high costs of healthcare. At Patient Services, Inc. (PSI), we recognize the importance of assisting patients to afford and access treatment. Therefore, PSI is pleased to announce that Baxter Healthcare Corporation has developed a 12-month Hemophilia Co-pay/Co-insurance Assistance Pilot Program which will serve the community in several ways:
What will the program offer?
PSI will administer and detemine eligibility for the Baxter co-payment/co-insurance pilot program to help needy patients with their out-of-pocket expenses for Baxter hemophilia products for a period of up to 12 months while the pilot program is in effect.
Patients are eligible to apply for the pilot program if:
- Meet specific financial criteria for enrollment.
- They have mild, moderate, or severe Hemophilia A or have an Inhibitor.
- They currently have private health insurance (patients on public health insurance including, but not limited to,Medicare and Medicaid are not eligible to apply for assistance).
- A patient can apply for assistance with their co-payment/co-insurance expenses for Baxter hemophilia producteven if they currently receive assistance from PSI’s premium assistance program and/or ACCESS program.
- A patient can apply for assistance even if they have never received assistance from PSI before.Who is not eligible?
- Residents of Massachusetts are prohibited by law and are not eligible to apply for the pilot program.
- Presently, patients insured through Medicare, Medicaid, and Government insurance programs are not eligible. Once approved for assistance:
- Financial assistance will be provided for up to 12 months while the program is in effect. Funds provided through PSI can only be used towards a patient’s out of pocket expenses for Baxter hemophilia products.
- Financial assistance will be based on each patient’s specific health plan design, subject to annual and per payment maximums.For questions about the Hemophilia Co-Pay/Co-Insurance Assistance Pilot Program, please contact PSI toll free
at 1-800-366-7741 or visit the PSI website at www.patientservicesinc.org. Please remember that applications will be processed and patients enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis.
About Patient Services, Inc.
Patient Services Inc. (PSI) (www.patientservicesinc.org) is a “ground breaking” 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization. Founded in 1989 by Dana Kuhn, Ph.D., the Midlothian, Virginia based company has helped people who live with specific chronic illnesses or conditions locate suitable health insurance coverage and access ways to satisfy expensive co-payments. PSI provides assistance with the cost of health insurance premiums associated with COBRAs, State High Risk Pools, Open enrollment, Guaranteed Issue policies, HIPAA conversion policies; and prescriptions co- payments associated with private insurance as well as with Medicare Parts B and D.
About Baxter Healthcare Corporation
Baxter’s BioScience business develops recombinant and plasma-based proteins to treat hemophilia and other bleeding disorders; plasma-based therapies to treat immune deficiencies, alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency, burns and shock, and other blood-related conditions; products for regenerative medicine, such as proteins used to promote hemostasis and wound- sealing in surgery;and selected vaccines. As a global, diversified healthcare company, Baxter applies a unique combination of expertise in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology to create products that advance patient care worldwide.
Assisting and Advocating for the Bleeding Disorders Community