Looking for a quick, easy meal that keeps your healthy eating on track and helps use up some of the terrific produce you have harvested from your garden? Look no further. This recipe from Better Homes and Gardens cooks up in one pot and is packed full of fresh veggies helping to provide the vitamins and antioxidants strong, healthy bodies need.
Basil-Tomato Chicken Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 3 cups red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet.
2. Add mushrooms and onion to skillet. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms and onion are tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Return chicken to skillet; stir in tomatoes. Cook about 2 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach and basil; toss just until spinach is wilted.
4. Divide chicken mixture among dinner plates. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Basil-Tomato Chicken Skillet)
Per serving: 212 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat, 1 g polyunsaturated fat, 3 g monounsatured fat), 68 mg chol., 425 mg sodium, 10 g carb., 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 30 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
recipe and photo from: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/basil-tomato-chicken-skillet/