Kids Healthy Eating Contest!!
Show Us Your #HFAStrong Kids!
The holidays are upon us once again! Tis the season for recipe cards coming out of the cabinets, eating, regular trips to the grocery store, eating, healthy New Years resolutions and yes, eating! Do you have a budding chef or nutrition expert in your home? Do they like to see themselves on camera? Do you want to win a trip to sunny Las Vegas for Symposium in March? Then this is your thing!
HFA would like to showcase what the youngest members of our community know about eating healthy and being physically active, in hopes of inspiring others to do the same!
Simply submit a video clip of your childchildren sharing what healthy eating and healthy choices means to them and your family will be entered to win our grand prize- a trip for the child and one accompanying adult to HFA's Symposium! What's more, your child/children could be featured or included in an HFA-produced video about children's nutrition that will be shown online and at live events around the country.
Here are a few questions that your child/children can answer about nutrition in the video submission:
- Why is it important to eat healthy foods?
- What foods are important to eat?
- How does eating healthy make you feel?
- Where did you learn to eat healthy?
- What is your favorite healthy food?
- What is a healthy diet?
- What is your favorite physical activity?
click to Submit your video
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of the video?
- To raise awareness of the importance of a heathy diet and maintaining a healthy weight in children with bleeding disorders and their families.
- Who can enter?
- Any child in the bleeding disorder community, between the ages of 4-13 years old.
- When can I submit my entry/entries?
- Entries can be submitted November 12 through midnight, February 15, 2016. No late entries will be accepted.
- How many videos can you submit?
- There is no limit to the number of entries you submit. However all material must pertain to the questions/topic as stated above.
- Can videos be submitted any way other than by uploading to the contest?
- Unfortunately no. In order to submit a video, you will have to use the above link.
- How long should the videos be?
- Video submissions should be no more than 1-2 minutes in length.
- Are there prizes?
- YES! Everyone who submits a video will be entered, and one randomly drawn grand prize winner will receive a trip (airfare & hotel) to Symposium 2016 in Las Vegas, NV for the child entered and one accompanying adult. Other children featured in the video will receive a gift card to Whole Foods. (winner must reside in the United States)
- How will I be notified?
- Winners will be notified via email by February 29, 2016.
- Who is sponsoring this contest?
- This project is supported by a charitable donation from Novo Nordisk.
- Do the sponsors have rights to use/ maintain the footage I submit?
- No, the sponsors will not be able use your video, name, or information.
Entries will be judged by HFA staff and a winner will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Meets Guidelines. Follows length and content requirements.
- Quality. Clarity of communicating accurate messages for healthy eating and physical activity.
- Creativity & Originality. Contains creative, new ideas and ways to show a healthy lifestyle that can be replicated.
All submissions become the property of HFA. By submitting an entry, you give HFA the permission to use the video content for its intended purpose and for promotional purposes. The submission of your entry is your permission for HFA to use and distribute any/all of your submitted material.
Assisting and Advocating for the Bleeding Disorders Community