ACTION ALERT: Graham-Cassidy-Heller-Johnson bill
Your access to healthcare is at risk. The Senate is currently considering another bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), sponsored by Sens. Cassidy and Graham. Congress only has until September 30th to act on this measure. We must work together to defeat this bill.
Why should you take action? The Graham-Cassidy legislation would harm our community by:
- Repealing the requirement that most employers offer insurance to their workers
- Allowing states to let insurers charge people higher premiums based on having a pre-existing conditions
- Allowing states to let insurers drop coverage for essential health benefits, like prescription drugs, hospitalization, or access to specialists
- Eliminating all federal funding for the ACA’s insurance marketplaces, including for subsidies and cost-sharing reductions for low-income people
- Eliminating federal funding for the Medicaid expansion, by capping federal funding for the traditional Medicaid program that covers children and people with disabilities and establishing a block grant to states with inadequate funding
A joint statement opposing the bill by NHF, HFA, the Coalition for Hemophilia B and the Hemophilia Alliance is available HERE.
We know that we have called on you often in recent months, asking you to engage with your lawmakers and let them know what you need in healthcare reform. Your voices, and the voices of millions of other grassroots advocates around the country, have made the critical difference in the healthcare debate.
Approaching September 30th, we are now in the final stretch. Please phone, email, or tweet to your Senators today – it makes a difference!
For more information about the Graham-Cassidy bill, click HERE.
Assisting and Advocating for the Bleeding Disorders Community