I’m attending HFA’s Symposium next week and I’d like to gather information about personal and legislative advocacy to bring back to my community. What sessions do you recommend I attend?
It’s great to hear you will be attending Symposium in Cleveland! This year, we have expanded our advocacy sessions to offer programming for attendees with varying levels of experience. Here’s an overview of the sessions that would fit your interest:
- Dear Addy: Special Edition: If you have advocacy and policy questions or want to hear what others are asking, Dear Addy is for you! This interactive session is an opportunity for you to talk with a panel of experts with a wide range of personal and professional experience in the bleeding disorders community.
- How to Talk. Period. (Beginner): Learn how to frame your story for advocacy with an expert storyteller.
- Advocacy 365 (Intermediate): Hear from one of HFA’s Member Organizations and a community member about how to get involved with advocacy outside of legislative days.
- Conversation with a Decision-Maker (Advanced): Gain insight from an Ohio state representative about effective legislative meetings and relationship building.
- Engaging with Your Insurance: Skillfully Getting What You Need: This interactive session will cover insurance issues affecting the bleeding disorders community.
- Community Chronicles Story Lounge: Share your story and learn more about how HFA is capturing stories from community members to influence policy change.
Have a question? Click HERE. Your name will be changed in the response.
HFA frequently receives questions from the bleeding disorders community related to advocacy issues. The questions often impact the entire community. In an effort to reach the largest audience possible with our responses to these widely applicable questions, HFA developed “Dear Addy.” Questions submitted to this column are edited in order to protect privacy and should be considered educational only, not individual guidance.