Items Reimbursement assists individuals in the bleeding disorders community with the cost of medically necessary items. HFA understands the enormous financial impact of managing a bleeding disorder and provides this assistance to the community. Items reimburse community members for durable medical equipment and items including:
• Protective Gear
• Braces and Supports
• Walking Supports
• Heating/Cooling Items
• Medical IDs
• Fitness Support
- Eligible households must include at least one member with a diagnosed bleeding disorder
- Must be able to provide proof that requested item is medically necessary for the care or management of diagnosed bleeding disorder
- Must demonstrate financial need
Steps To Apply:
- Step 1: Complete a Helping Hands application online. Applications can be received from the head of household or a professional representative in the bleeding disorders community (e.g. healthcare provider, homecare/specialty pharmacy, local bleeding disorder organization)
- Step 2: Obtain written documentation showing proof of diagnosed bleeding disorder from a healthcare provider (e.g. doctor, nurse, physical therapist)
- Step 3: Obtain written documentation from a healthcare provider (e.g. doctor, nurse, physical therapist) stating the specific reason for the request and how it will support the patient’s bleeding disorder treatment.
- Step 4: Provide a copy of item invoice/detailed receipt for reimbursement
- Step 5: Once the application and all documentation are received, Helping Hands Program Coordinator will contact the applicant to verify approval of item. This process is generally completed within 30 days.