HFA member organizations across the country utilize HFA’s collaborative federation to strengthen community support and awareness, develop effective local organizations, and implement valuable community-based programs. These programs include a wide range of outreach initiatives and broad-based support for families with bleeding disorders.
Hemophilia Federation of America is a national nonprofit organization that assists, educates, and advocates for the bleeding disorders community.
The vision of Hemophilia Federation of America is to improve the care and quality of life for all people with bleeding disorders by removing barriers to diagnosis, treatment, and cure.
HFA is, and its purpose shall be, for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes as allowed by state and federal law, including particularly, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide LEADERSHIP in monitoring, evaluating, and responding to the actions of government, the pharmaceutical and insurance industries, and health care providers.
- Champion the ongoing ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITY of community, government, the pharmaceutical and insurance industries, and health care providers.
- Improve AWARENESS AND EDUCATION of bleeding disorders and related medical conditions.
- PROMOTE AND ENSURE a safe blood supply and other therapies / treatments for bleeding disorders and other related medical conditions.
- Advance community and public DIALOGUE AND ACTION regarding the needs of people with bleeding disorders.
- Foster active COLLABORATION with other organizations that share similar goals.
- Deliver QUALITY PROGRAMS directly through its members.