HFA’s Young Adult Podcast Series
By offering additional resources and education about the benefits of self-care and exercise for young adults, we hope to inspire a lifetime of healthy choices and habits!
Our 2017 series includes:
- Listen as Dr. McClain shares tips on how to manage stress and practice self-care, especially for people living with a bleeding disorder.
- Tune in to hear James DeFilippi, a triathlete who tells us everything that goes into his training, from his training regimen to the technology he uses to work out to managing his hemophilia.
- Listen as Eric, a hemophilia patient, and Kathryn, a registered dietician, discuss ways to keep costs low at the grocery store while still getting all the nutrients needed to stay healthy.
- Tune into this podcast to hear Karen Sullivan, retired professor of Health/Fitness at Marymount University, discusses how to build sustainable fitness habits and how to get back on track during challenging times.
Listen to our past podcasts:
HFA’s Young Adult Hangout Series
Upcoming Hangouts: Stay tuned!
- November 2, 2016: How to Advocate for YOU!
- August 2, 2016 – Back to School: Navigating College and Grad School from A to Z
- May 3, 2016-Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future: A Young Adult Perspective
- March, 2016-Beyond Blue: Managing Depression & Anxiety
- December, 2015-Strong Bodies Bleed Less! Healthy Living with a Bleeding Disorder
- October, 2015—Maintaining Boundaries: Employment in the Bleeding Disorders Community
- August, 2015—Living With Inhibitors: A Young Adult Persepective
- June, 2015—Curing the Wanderlust: Traveling Safely with a Bleeding Disorder
- April, 2015—Planning for the Future: Financial Success for Young Adults
- February, 2015—Dating, Relationships & Bleeding Disorders
- December, 2014—Creative Strategies for Coping with Pain
- October, 2014—Transitioning to Adulthood: Voices from the Community
- July, 2014—HFA Young Adults Hangout Kickoff!