HFA’s Young Adult Hangout Series 2016
November 2: How to Advocate for YOU!
Advocacy is at the heart of HFA’s mission. Join us for our final Young Adult Hangout of 2016 on how you can advocate for yourself and the bleeding disorders community. We will hear a presentation on insurance geared specifically for first time users, as well as first-hand perspectives from community members who successfully navigated health coverage and care. Panelists will also speak about advocacy as it relates to work, politics, and social media.
What is a Google Hangout?
Google Hangouts is a free instant messaging and video chat platform developed by Google and available via Google Plus. You can connect via your computer as well as your mobile device. Read more about Google Plus and Google Hangouts here: http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/
In order to fully participate in HFA’s Young Adult Hangout, you must have a Google Plus account. It’s easy and free to join! http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/
Can’t attend live? A recording of the hangout will be available via HFA’s YouTube page immediately following the broadcast
Check out our other past hangouts:
- August 2, 2016 – Back to School: Navigating College and Grad School from A to Z
- May 3, 2016-Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future: A Young Adult Perspective
- March, 2016-Beyond Blue: Managing Depression & Anxiety
- December, 2015-Strong Bodies Bleed Less! Healthy Living with a Bleeding Disorder
- October, 2015—Maintaining Boundaries: Employment in the Bleeding Disorders Community
- August, 2015—Living With Inhibitors: A Young Adult Persepective
- June, 2015—Curing the Wanderlust: Traveling Safely with a Bleeding Disorder
- April, 2015—Planning for the Future: Financial Success for Young Adults
- February, 2015—Dating, Relationships & Bleeding Disorders
- December, 2014—Creative Strategies for Coping with Pain
- October, 2014—Transitioning to Adulthood: Voices from the Community
- July, 2014—HFA Young Adults Hangout Kickoff!