HFA’s Young Adult Podcast Series
By offering additional resources and education about the benefits of self-care and exercise for young adults, we hope to inspire a lifetime of healthy choices and habits!
Our 2017 series includes:
- Listen as Dr. McClain shares tips on how to manage stress and practice self-care, especially for people living with a bleeding disorder.
- Tune in to hear James DeFilippi, a triathlete who tells us everything that goes into his training, from his training regimen to the technology he uses to work out to managing his hemophilia.
- Listen as Eric, a hemophilia patient, and Kathryn, a registered dietician, discuss ways to keep costs low at the grocery store while still getting all the nutrients needed to stay healthy.
- Tune into this podcast to hear Karen Sullivan, retired professor of Health/Fitness at Marymount University, discusses how to build sustainable fitness habits and how to get back on track during challenging times.
Listen to our past podcasts:
HFA’s Young Adult Hangout Series
HFA's Hangout Series is designed for young adults in the bleeding disorders community. Topics range from professional development, budgeting, and insurance, to travel, relationships, and much more. Hear advice from experts and young adult community members with firsthand experience.
- December 19, 2017: Business Basics: The Do's and Don'ts for Career Success:
- August 2, 2017: Reconnecting with the Bleeding Disorders Community
- November 2, 2016: How to Advocate for YOU!
- August 2, 2016 – Back to School: Navigating College and Grad School from A to Z
- May 3, 2016-Honoring Our Past, Building Our Future: A Young Adult Perspective
- March, 2016-Beyond Blue: Managing Depression & Anxiety
- December, 2015-Strong Bodies Bleed Less! Healthy Living with a Bleeding Disorder
- October, 2015—Maintaining Boundaries: Employment in the Bleeding Disorders Community
- August, 2015—Living With Inhibitors: A Young Adult Persepective
- June, 2015—Curing the Wanderlust: Traveling Safely with a Bleeding Disorder
- April, 2015—Planning for the Future: Financial Success for Young Adults
- February, 2015—Dating, Relationships & Bleeding Disorders
- December, 2014—Creative Strategies for Coping with Pain
- October, 2014—Transitioning to Adulthood: Voices from the Community
- July, 2014—HFA Young Adults Hangout Kickoff!