SUBMISSION FOR ABSTRACTS-NOW CLOSED!
HFA will hold a聽patient-centered research poster session in which bleeding disorders community members will get to learn about research in layman鈥檚 terms. Patients will have the opportunity to ask questions to gain a better understanding about the research and what has been done on behalf of the bleeding disorders community.
In an effort to make research findings more accessible to patients and caregivers who have an interest and participate in research projects and initiatives, HFA is inviting you to disseminate your research findings to patients and/or their caregivers in an atmosphere that is comfortable and encourages one on one opportunities for questions and dialogue.
The Research Poster Session will take place during our Virtual Symposium on Thursday, August 27 from 2:00-3:00 PM EDT.
Poster Presenter Guidelines:
Our community is ready and invested to know about research findings and learn from you. This is your opportunity to present and engage directly with patients from all over the country.
- Posters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10, 2020
- Posters must be submitted preferably as a .PDF file (there is no size limit)
- Posters should be self-explanatory to allow viewing when you are not present
- Consider including your contact information somewhere in your poster
- Consider formatting your posters in a more user-friendly way. See https://youtu.be/1RwJbhkCA58
- Please visit here for inspiration on how to create a better research poster in less time.
For our research poster presentation and exhibit, a People鈥檚 Choice Award will be presented to the poster with the greatest number of ballots cast by Symposium attendees. The award for the People鈥檚 Choice Award will be presented at the Final Night Event on August 29, 2020.
Poster Set-Up and Presentation
- Posters will be uploaded by HFA staff onto the symposium platform.
- The Poster Hall will be on display through the duration of the meeting. The chat feature will only be available during the poster presentation hour.
Conflict of Interest
I understand that I must indicate that either (a) I have NO financial interest in any commercial entity whose products or services are described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in the Presentation; or (b) I have a financial interest in a commercial entity whose products or services are described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in the Presentation. I must disclose any financial interest I may have in any commercial entity whose products or services are described, reviewed, evaluated or compared in the Presentation. For example, I must disclose if I (i) have an ownership interest in such a commercial entity; (ii) have a financial interest in any product or service discussed in the Presentation; (iii) am employed (whether full or part-time) by such a commercial entity; (iv) own all or part of any patent licensed to such a commercial entity; (v) have an ongoing relationship (e.g., as a consultant, agent, representative, speaker, etc.) with such a commercial entity; or (vi) have received financial compensation for my Presentation.
1. If an author on the abstract has since changed affiliations, do I include the author鈥檚 current affiliation or affiliation at the time the abstract was written?
- Please use the author affiliation that was relevant when the abstract was written/submitted
2. Can more than one person present this Poster Presentation?
- Due to logistics of the virtual platform, we will only be able to accommodate one author as moderator/presenter on the platform.
3. If I cannot attend the Annual Conference, can someone present on my behalf?
- If you are unable to attend the conference, ONLY another author on the abstract may present in your place. To withdraw your abstract, please email email@example.com聽by August 22nd, 2020.
4. Can I change my assigned presentation slot?
- We do not have the flexibility to make any changes to the Poster session. If another author on your abstract is available, we do allow other authors listed on the abstract to present on behalf of the primary author when he/she is not available.
5. Can I edit my abstract after the submission deadline?
- If accepted, your abstract will be printed as it was received during the Call for Abstracts. No changes are permitted.
6. Can I defer my abstract to next year?
- We are unable to allow authors to defer their presentations to the following year. We encourage authors to submit an abstract on a different aspect of the abstract topic in any following years.
For any additional questions, please feel free to reach out to the HFA Research Team at聽research@hemophiliafed.org聽聽or (202) 675-6984.
Our 2020 Symposium Sponsors
|聽聽 聽 聽 聽聽|