Donate

Ken Martin
Participant

First off, it was great meeting everyone and getting to know a little bit about each of you. In hindsight I think it might have been better to spend some more time together as a group. While I admit I had my share of distractions as far as a family from Michigan that wanted to eat every meal with my wife and I. I also reconnected with a friend who I haven’t seen in 25 years and who went to camp with me some 40 years ago. He, regrettably, reminded me that there are only four of us left from a group of a dozen that were close back then. I did mention to those I could and then eventually to Sonji that we should be able to start topics here on the forum and I see that has been enabled. This can be an avenue for us to keep in touch to interact without having set aside times and dates for phone calls.

As I mentioned, I will be in Washington D.C. at the end of the month speaking for the Hemophilia Alliance about the 340B program and will keep everyone updated on that. I did get to meet some of the people from there and I am enthusiastic about the opportunity. I need to do my homework though on the 340B program beforehand but I have a bunch of reading material and the Hemophilia Foundation of Michigan’s annual meeting is just prior so I can review everything with the professionals involved in that program.

I am looking forward to the future working with everyone and trying to make a difference.

Ken