Donate

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alexa Garcia 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alexa Garcia
    Participant

Once someone turns 18 years old, I think Medicaid is their best starting point. As a soon to be 18-year-old, I understand how many young adults are thrown into the world by themselves. Even though it would be ideal for someone to stay in their parent鈥檚 health insurance plan until they are 26, a lot of people do not have that option. And that is why I believe Medicaid is the best starting point for young adults. Most 18-year-olds either go to the workforce or continue their education or both, and therefore they are likely to be eligible for Medicaid. An advantage of this plan is not having any co-pays or premiums! This insurance plan also includes services like medical services, dental, prescription drugs, etc. The only downside to Medicaid is becoming eligible. Arizonians can become eligible if they make 133% or less the Federal Poverty Level (FPL.) (And FPL will vary from state to state.) So, as a result, Medicaid is the best starting point for health insurance that will give a person the coverage they need for zero dollars.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.