Donate

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Wile 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Ken Martin
    Participant

Well, I’ll choose the Executive branch. You have the responsibility to all the people, plants, animals, air , water and soil of your state or country that elected you AND those that didn’t. You work with the Legislative branch to form policy and are overseen by the Legislative and Judicial branch in many ways so that you do not become a totalitarian. You have the weight of you decisions impacting all aspects of society for this and future generations. You are tasked to delegate heads of departments (Cabinets) to those you feel can run them efficiently, responsibly, and in the best interest of the people. You work with other governments to realize a better Earth for all now and in the future.

It turns your hair gray though.

Jen Loving
    Participant

I think I would like to either work in the Legislative or Judicial Branch of Gov’t. Legislative would be interesting in being able to create laws but I could also see myself becoming frustrated in all the planning and creating of a law and then it not becoming law. The judicial branch would be interesting as you could sit in judgement of how one is upholding the laws. I would like being able to make decisions of judgement based on what the law states…it makes things very black and white.

Michael Wile
    Participant

Natalie your point about misconstrued polices and laws with unintended consequences is well taken. Predicting how these written laws will actually play out is difficult. I guess it’s now our job to fix them.

Michael Wile
    Participant

I would be most interested in the executive branch because enforcement is everything. There are so many laws that are never enforced properly so I think we should start by actually enforcing good law and changing bad law.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.