Donate

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  s.wilkes 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

s.wilkes
    Keymaster

Learning Objective: Provide background and ideas for development of individual local engagement project.

Resources:
    1. How Can I Participate in Civic Life?
    2. Contacting Your Representative

Assignment:

In June, you visited lawmakers in Washington, DC. Send a follow-up email or social media message to one lawmaker thanking them for their time and reminding them of your discussion.

If you can, take a screenshot or photo of your communication and upload it to the forum. If you can鈥檛 upload an image to the forum, reply to this topic with who you reached out to and what method you used (social media or email). Be sure to let us know if you get a response!

Krista Davidson
    Participant

Sonji,

I forwarded the email to you that I sent to the aide. I did not get a response back.

Natalie Parker
    Participant

Same for me! I forwarded you the email that I sent to Doug Hartman, Senator Bob Casey’s Legislative Aid, Doug Hartman. I got a general response back thanking me for my email. I have a photo of me from an event with Senator Casey that I’m trying to dig up to email back go him as well!

s.wilkes
    Keymaster

Great job Krista and Natalie! Thanks for following up!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.