Learn more about nutrition
For more information related to healthy eating, check out the following websites.Â These are reputable sites that contain reliable facts based on scientific evidence.
- Finding Your Way to a Healthier You– Department of Health and Human Services
- http://www.choosemyplate.gov– United States Department of Agriculture
Access a wealth of information about how to eat a healthy diet and manage your weight.
- How to Understand and Use the Nutrition Facts Label – Food & Drug Administration
Learn how to use nutrition labels to make quick, informed food choices for a healthy diet.
- Make Your Calories Count– Food & Drug Administration
Check out this interactive program to plan a healthy diet while controlling your calories.Â Learn how to use nutrition labels for healthy weight management.
- Eat Smart, Play Hard – United States Department of Agriculture
Find resources and tools to encourage healthy eating and activity behaviors for children, parents, and caregivers.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Discover easy tips for eating a variety of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Nutrition for Everyone Website– Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Visit this site for more information about the food groups and their essential nutrients.
- Ways to Enhance Children’s Activity & Nutrition (We Can) – National Institutes of Health
Visit the We Can home page, and click on Healthy Weight Basics to learn how to calculate your body mass index and maintain a healthy weight or click on Eat Right for tips on choosing healthy, lower calorie foods at home and at restaurants, reading nutrition labels, and more.