In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, the 2020 Young Adult Advocacy Summit will be held virtually.
HFA will provide online education for young adults ages 18-30 years old with bleeding disorders from July to November 2020. Participants will develop advocacy and leadership skills through interactive training with experts in policy, advocacy, and communications.
Activities will include:
- Comprehensive personal and legislative advocacy training
- Presentations on federal and state policy issues and how they affect the bleeding disorders community
- Virtual Congressional office meetings to practice skills
- Communications workshop about how to craft and share your story
- Health insurance overview for young adults
- Learning from other young adults with bleeding disorders about the challenges they face every day
- Building networks across the bleeding disorders community to foster activities at the local level
- And much more!
Registrants are required to complete an application form for HFA to understand the interest in the Summit, as well as to collect important logistical and health information.
For more information about the Summit or other young adult activities, contact HFA’s Policy & Advocacy Team: email@example.com, or (202) 675-6984.