2021 Young Adult Advocacy Summit (YAAS)
Are you a young adult ages 18-30 years old with a bleeding disorder? Do you want to develop advocacy and leadership skills for yourself and the bleeding disorders community? YAAS is for you.
Participants of the Young Adult Advocacy Summit are introduced to legislative and personal advocacy in a safe and supportive manner with hands-on training and peer support.
Earlier this summer, HFA felt we could safely offer the program in-person. However, given CDC鈥檚 July 27, 2021, guidance based on new evidence on the Delta variant of COVID-19, HFA has made the difficult decision to return to a virtual, online only program. The curriculum and educational programming will remain much the same; however, we will now be offering the program via Zoom.
Participants will receive a $30 gift card for meal delivery service of their choice to use during the Sunday advocacy training workshop. Participants will also receive a pre-Summit toolkit via email with background information and resources to help prepare them for legislative visits.
All sessions will be held via Zoom.
- Sunday, September 19, 2021 (10:00 am – 6:00 pm ET):聽Advocacy training workshop
- Monday, September 20, 2021 (10:00 am – 6:00 pm ET):聽Congressional visits (specific meeting times will be announced a week prior to attendees)
- Gain comprehensive personal and legislative advocacy training
- Learn how federal and state policy issues affect the bleeding disorders community
- Practice advocacy and communications skills in our virtual Congressional office meetings to practice skills
- Learn how to craft and share your personal story via a communications workshop
- Demonstrate proper use of social media for legislative advocacy
- Gain an overview of health insurance for young adults
- Meet other young adults with bleeding disorders about the challenges they face every day
- Build networks across the bleeding disorders community to foster activities at the local level
Registrants are required to complete the application for HFA to understand the interest in the Summit, as well as to collect important logistical and health information.聽For more information about the Summit or other young adult activities, contact HFA’s Policey & Advocacy Team: email@example.com, or (202) 675-6984.