It has come to our attention that Helixate FS, a recombinant clotting factor product sold and distributed by CSL Behring, is being removed from prescription benefit programs for a limited number of聽patients using CVS/Caremark effective January 1, 2017. Patients currently using Helixate FS who have the “Advanced Control Formulary” plan with聽CVS/Caremark will have the option of switching products or paying for the drug out of pocket.
What Should Consumers Do?
- Carefully check your health insurance鈥檚 plan and formulary list to ensure your clotting factor product is covered.
- Talk with your treatment team to determine if a clotting factor product switch is necessary for you.
- Research the different product options available to you and make a decision for which product to used based on what鈥檚 medically best for you and what is covered by your insurance plan.
Bayer and CSL Behring have prepared statements to the bleeding disorders community. To read them in full click below:
- Bayer鈥檚 Statement, CVS/Caremark Formulary Change Notification, click HERE.
- CSL鈥檚 Statement, Helixate CVS PBM Coverage Letter, click HERE.