September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
HFA has established a partnership with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. There are resources available at the local level and outreach being done in September in particular to address the increasing levels of suicide across the country.
- Information on聽how to reach a local chapter
- Information on聽Talk Saves Lives and other AFSP-hosted programs
- AFSP鈥檚聽Interactive Screening Program
- Loss and Healing聽support programs for those who have lost a loved one to suicide
- Seize the Awkward聽campaign (for 16-24 year olds to support conversations about mental health)
- AFSP鈥檚聽Real Convo聽campaign (tools for conversations about mental health)
- AFSP鈥檚聽COVID and Mental Health toolkit
If you or someone you know is considering suicide, call (800) 273-TALK (8255), text HOME to 741741, or call 911 and ask for an officer trained in crisis intervention.