The BioMatrix Memorial Scholarship Program is administered in partnership by Hemophilia Federation of America (HFA).
Application is now open!
Mike Hylton (1945-1998) A man of great character and steadiness, Mike faced some of the most physically daunting and mortal challenges that people with severe hemophilia could encounter. During the blood crisis of the 1980s, Mike met the challenges with class and a concern for others not only in the bleeding disorder community, but also those affected with HIV. He was a thoughtful, analytical and spiritual individual – patient and tolerant of others, but certainly willing and capable to express his opinions and beliefs. While some felt it was more important to speak, he knew that it was more effective to listen. Mike found great comfort in his faith and family.
- Men diagnosed with hemophilia or von Willebrand Disease or their immediate family member
- Must be a United States resident
- Must have applied and been accepted to an accredited college, university or technical school in the United States on a full-time basis (12 credit hours or more)
- Minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale during entire senior year of high school or current year of college or graduate school
- Letter of medical聽Verification
- Letter of聽Recommendation聽from聽an instructor, school administrator, employer, church leader, volunteer coordinator, or other professional person
- Copy of most recent聽Transcripts
- Copy of聽ACT or SAT聽scores (incoming聽freshmen only)
- Proof of聽Admissionto the college/university/technical school (required for incoming freshman)
- Outline of聽Work聽Experience聽or resume
- 300 to 400 word Essay
- Employees and family members affiliated with BioMatrix聽and it鈥檚 family of companies are not eligible to apply
HFA Scholarship Admin
firstname.lastname@example.org | (202)675-6984
999 N. Capitol Street NE, Ste. 201 | Washington DC | 20002
or visit: https://matrixhealthgroup.com/scholarships/