Washington, D.C. – In June, Hemophilia Foundation of America (HFA) launched a free mobile fitness app to encourage people in the bleeding disorder community and community at large, to become more physically active and improve their overall health and wellness.聽 The Get in Gear application brings awareness and support to the bleeding disorder community by allowing users to track their fitness activities while learning pertinent information about bleeding disorders.
In just 5 months, over 7,400 people have downloaded the Get in Gear app — exceeding our goal of 5,000 downloads by the end of the year! 聽HFA is committed to health and wellness, because when those with bleeding disorders have healthy and stronger bodies, they bleed less.
“I’m a 46 year old male, 195lbs, smoker.聽 I love the Get in Gear app because it has motivated me to exercise after many years of being out of shape and having high cholesterol,” said Ben, a user of the Get in Gear app.聽 “Thanks to the app, I’ve been exercising consistently for 2 months.”
The Get in Gear app can be downloaded for free in the iPhone App Store and Android Marketplace and can record physical activities including: walking, running, hiking, swimming, bicycling, cardio, yoga, zumba, Martials Arts and much more.
Other Statistics about Get in Gear App
- 11,467 total activities have been recorded
- 8,580 hours of activities recorded
- 36,550 miles of activities recorded
- 1,917 activities have been recorded in the last month
Features of the Get in Gear Fitness App:
- Track duration and/or distance of fitness activities
- Submit fitness activities manually after an activity ended
- Listen to your favorite music playlist as you work out
- Keep an ongoing history log of all of your fitness activities
- Share your fitness activities with your friends on Facebook
- Receive encouraging achievements as you reach important fitness milestones
- Access important health news and information on exercise, nutrition, recipes, and health topics
- Track activity distance in feet, meters, miles, kilometers, or yards
- Customizable settings for each activity type with default distances, duration, and music options
- Learn more about Hemophilia, von Willebrand Disease, and HFA’s charity work
Hemophilia Federation of America is a national 501(c) (3) organization consisting of 36 member organizations and numerous individual members who offer assistance and grassroots advocacy education on behalf of the bleeding disorders community. Incorporated in 1994, HFA provides programs and services to improve the quality of life for persons with hemophilia, von Willebrand disease (VWD) and other rare bleeding disorders. 聽For more information, visit our website at www.hemophiliafed.org or call 1-800-230-9797.