On Thursday, January 22, 2015, the聽CDC聽hosted a webinar to help women with a bleeding disorder recognize the signs and symptoms of reproductive issues. The webinar was facilitated by聽Andra H. James, MD.
Dr. James is Consulting Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Duke University, where she also has an appointment in the Division of Hematology. Dr. James is currently president of the Foundation for Women and Girls with Blood Disorders. She also serves on the Medical Advisory Committee of the Platelet Disorders Support Association and the Medical and Scientific Advisory Board of the National Blood Clot Alliance.
The webinar addressed the following topics:
- The signs and symptoms of聽聽how to avoid bleeding complications during a pregnancy
- The聽impact of mode of delivery on a potentially affected fetus
- Described the most important cause of postpartum hemorrhage in women with bleeding disorders and its prevention
- Information about diagnostic testing currently available
- The importance of coordinated care by a healthcare team