The purpose of the scholarship award program is to support the higher educational聽pursuits of bleeding disorders community members. To this end, Brothers Healthcare will donate $2,000 per year to be awarded as two $1,000 scholarships to a male and聽female student who is affected by an inherited bleeding disorder like hemophilia or von Willebrand disease.
Qualified candidates will
- Attend an accredited technical school, college or university in fall of 2021.
- 聽Have a diagnosed bleeding disorder.
- 聽Have a GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale and submit report card or transcript (certified not required).
- 聽Submit at least two (2) reference letters; one from a teacher or instructor and the second from an employer, church leader, or medical professional. (Letters may come via applicant)
- Provide a personal statement of approximately 500 words answering the question, “How has聽your experience living with a bleeding disorder and/or other challenges shaped you and your educational aspirations?”
- 聽Submit all materials via email from student’s account to email@example.com
Or via post (responses will be sent via email) to
c/o Kelle Carthey
20181 Azure Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92648
All applications must be received no later than April 1st, 2020.
Award notifications will be made by May 20, 2020
Brothers Healthcare (http://www.brothershealthcare.com/)
For more information, please contact:
Kelle Carthey 949-266-7140 or
Submit via Mail or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
11705 Slate Ave, Suite 200
Riverside, CA 92505